Where: University of Winchester
Cost: No charge for attendance – lunch will be included.
We are pleased to announce the launch of this Regional Studies Association supported Research Network organised by Professor Tim Hall (University of Winchester) and Professor Ray Hudson (University of Durham). The network will consider the value of geographical / spatially informed perspectives on illicit economies globally. It will be based around three events:
- University of Winchester 10th September 2015
- University of Durham – Spring 2016
- Athens – Summer / Autumn 2016
- Tim Hall (University of Winchester)
- Virginia Comolli (Research Fellow for Security and Development, The International Institute for Strategic Studies)
- Aziz Hakimi (SOAS, University of London)
- Sasha Jesperson (Research Analyst, National Security and Resilience, Royal United Services Institute)
The day will consist of an interactive workshop organised around five presentations of short pre-circulated papers. The audience will be limited to a maximum of 20 to facilitate discussion and the development of ideas. All participants will be encouraged to contribute to discussions during the day.
We are keen to invite an additional paper for this event relevant to the concerns of the network. We are interested in both theoretical and empirical contributions. If you would like to submit a paper for consideration for this event please could you email a title and abstract (up to 200 words) to email@example.com by Friday 19th June. (Please note there may also be opportunities to present work at future events).
If you are interested in attending this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19th June 2015 to reserve a place (please note the limit on places).